I love simple yet tasty recipes. This is one of my favorite. Panko & herb crusted salmon with salad.
This was very easy to make.
The salad consisted of:
- dried cranberries
- yellow and red peppers
Salad dressing: Tonton Ginger Dressing (purchased at Costco)
The Panko-Crusted Salmon:
- 2/3 cups of panko
- minced fresh cilantro (substitute for parsley)
- grated lemon zest
- salt and black pepper
- olive oil
- 3 pieces of salmon fillets (skin on is recommend but the pieces i used did not have skin)
- Dijon mustard
- grated Parmesan cheese
2. In a bowl, combine the panko crumbs, cilantro, lemon zest, salt, black pepper, parmesan cheese and olive oil. Stir until everything is mixed together.
3. Add some of the Dijon mustard to both sides of the salmon.
4. Take the salmon and place it in the bowl with the panko mixture. Make sure both sides are coated with the mixture.
5. In a skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to medium heat. Once the oil is hot add the salmon, and sear it for 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Transfer your salmon to an oven pan and place in the oven for 6 to 7 minutes OR until the panko has browned. Remove pan from the oven and allow the salmon to rest for a few minutes.
7. Ready to serve.